IMPORTANT INFORMATION – LEACOCK CHAIRS
– Sand the Chair lightly with about 240 Grit Sandpaper.
– Use good-quality Acrylic (suitable for outdoors) or Exterior Latex Paints.
– Please only use: Flecto Varathane / Water based / Diamond Clear / Exterior Use.
– Chair will need 4 – 6 Coats!
– We will be sealing the lexan panel to the Chair armrests at a later date.
– You can unscrew and remove the ‘top piece’ of the Chair armrests to paint and work inside these armrests.
– And … to avoid any confusion: the bulk of your design goes on the Chair ‘cushions’ (and I suggest working on these first); however, the entire Chair needs to be painted (or decoupaged, decorated, etc.).
PHOTOS for the Guidebook
– Photos will be taken at your studio or residence between May 21 – 31.
– We will be in touch to schedule this (headshot of each artist / Chair).
KEEP YOUR SPONSOR in the Loop
– We need our Sponsors to continue the Streets Alive project!
– Please thank them and send them email and photo updates.
BUILDING THE HYPE / PROMOTING THE PROJECT!
– Voting on the Chairs is by ‘People’s Choice’! The more people that know about your Chair, the more voting will take place.
– HOW? Get all of your contacts to join the Orillia Streets Alive Facebook Group. (Don’t underestimate the power of social media!)
– Post photos of your Chair coming to life on our Facebook page.
– Tweet / Blog / Email / Write / Talk about YOUR Chair and the project at every opportunity! It takes ALL of us to build the 2012 Leacock Chairs project to its full potential! Let’s rock this town 😉