Here’s a note from the Streets Alive chairperson, Leslie Fournier:
We now have ALL 50 Sponsored Artists / Chairs for the 2012 Leacock Chairs Project!
We are thrilled to move on to the very exciting next step of the project!
Chair pick-up begins tomorrow. Instructions are below. For those who emailed asking for their chair to be delivered: this will happen on Wednesday / Thursday / Friday of this week. To help offset the cost of gas for our volunteer driver, the Delivery Charge is $10 if you live in town and $20 if you are out of town.
– Chairs are available beginning on April 10 (from 10am to noon and from 4pm to 7pm).
– Pick-up location is 3 Royce Ave, Orillia (off of Queen St. W. / near the old Canadian Tire Building). This is our chairmaker Ron Schell’s studio. Ron has Unit #5 — pull around the back side of the building.
– Please make every effort to pick up your chair (you need a pickup truck OR empty van).
– If you can NOT get your chair and need it delivered, send me an email, please!
– Cushions are removable from the chairs (so you can work on the cushions separately).
– Chairs come primed grey.
– Good-quality acrylics or exterior latex both work (but feel free to share ideas / paint choices and suppliers among yourselves, ‘artists to artists’).
– Finished chairs need to be coated with varathane (we will give you the best product name when you pick up your chair).
– Artists will have approximately SIX WEEKS to paint their chairs.
– Finished chairs will be photographed May 21–31.
– We will have your cheques ($300) for you when you pick up your chairs. (Twenty-five of the cheques will be post-dated to May 1 and 12 to June 1 to allow us to get all of the sponsorship money collected).